ANN ARBOR, Mich., Feb. 20, 2013 — The Ann Arbor Police Department wants to inform citizens of specific taxicab operating requirements per the City of Ann Arbor taxicab ordinance.
When hailing a taxi for hire in the City of Ann Arbor, make sure the following six items are displayed:
1. A City of Ann Arbor bond plate on the outside rear of the vehicle.
2. A vehicle number on the outside rear of the vehicle.
3. Driver must have a taxicab drivers license from the Ann Arbor Police Department displayed.
4. A taxi meter is installed.
5. A rate card is visible.
6. Comment cards are easily accessible to passengers from the rear seats.
If a vehicle does not have these items displayed, then the vehicle is not a legal taxicab authorized to pick-up passengers in the City of Ann Arbor.
Please see the attached Word Document for a City of Ann Arbor bond plate image.
While limousines are not required to display a City of Ann Arbor bond plate, they are required to have a MDOT limousine tag displayed on the left rear driver’s side door window. Limousine drivers can only pick-up pre-arranged fares and must carry a current driving record for passengers to view.
Please Click Here to see the attached Word Document for a MDOT Limousine Tag image.
The City of Ann Arbor taxicab ordinance is online athttp://www.a2gov.org/government/city_administration/City_Clerk.