Deli Specialty Food Staff
Zingerman's Delicatessen is hiring Specialty Food Staff!
We are looking for enthusiastic food-lovers to join our dynamic team at the iconic corners of downtown Ann Arbor, Michigan!
Do you love to engage with customers?
Do you have a strong desire to learn?
Do you love food?
Do you want a job with MANY benefits & perks?
Do you want to have FUN?
We offer flexible schedules, including weekends, as well as a structured training program and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that values your contributions.
Full-time and part time positions available
Shifts we are hiring for:
- Available shifts include weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Shift times will vary during hours of operation
Our performance expectations - Essential Functions:
- Shares the Zingerman's experience with our guests by selling, educating and sampling our products (specialty cheeses, meats, breads and dried goods)
- Slices, wraps and packages products (including gift-wrapping for guests)
- Stocks products and maintains our exceptional displays
- Keeps workspaces neat and clean, including some sweeping and wiping surfaces, removing recycling and trash, etc.
- Positively responds to direction and requests for assistance from co-workers, supervisors, managers and guests
- Takes initiative to help any area of the Deli if possible
- Engages in department operations by attending weekly open-book meetings
- Continues learning about and promoting all of the great foods we sell
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong desire to learn about food, open book management and industry-leading service
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
- Is passionate about great food and giving great service
- Loves to make people feel like they were the best part of your day
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance, 401k, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible spending plans (dependent care)
- Company contribution to Health insurance (for full time staff)
- 401k match (for full time staff)
- PTO (Paid time off) you earn it and you can take it with you when you leave.
- Discounts at other Zingerman's businesses
- Paid training
- Paid lunch breaks
- 25% reimbursement on any massage
- And more!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.