Roadhouse Line Cook
The line cook is responsible for delivering the Roadhouse food experience to all guests. The line cook reports to the Sous Chef.
35-40 Hours per week, holidays and weekends included
AM & PM SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Our Performance Expectations are:
- Prepares food according to our recipes - accurately and under pressure
- Arrives on time for all shifts, meetings and classes
- Prepares food according to prep list (day cooks)
- Efficiently & accurately cleans equipment (night cooks)
- Follows and upholds all of Zingerman's Roadhouse standards.
- Ensures that all food meets quality and presentation standards.
- Completes Training Passport within the stated timeframes and continues to live the Training Compact.
- Maintains proper station set up and a pristine work area
- Effectively communicates and works with all staff at the Roadhouse
- Maintains positive and consistent energy and productivity standards throughout the entire shift.
- Attends weekly Huddles and Tastings
- Participates in other projects and committees as needed
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Has at least 2 to 3 years of cooking experience in a high-end environment
- Has a reputation for excellent relations with front of the house staff
- Has a reputation for maintaining a safe and clean kitchen
- Must be able to work weekends and Sundays
- Must be able to relocate up to 50 lbs
- Bending, stooping, walking and standing for long periods at a time
- Must be able to ascend/descend between basement and main floor
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
- Passionate about great food and great service
- Well organized and able to multi-task
- Self-motivated, especially under pressure
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexible and hardworking
- Able to set priorities
- Able to effectively manage their emotions in the workplace
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.