Zingerman's Bakehouse is hiring a new Midnight cleaning staff member!
Night cleaning staff duties include but are not limited to, cleaning and maintaining the entire facility, trash/recycling/compost removal, grounds cleaning and snow removal, and some tools and equipment maintenance.
This is a highly physical position best described as "Industrial Cleaning"
as opposed to traditional janitorial work. Our night cleaning staff work as a team to complete a set of nightly goals. Good communication skills, time management, and physical endurance are strongly encouraged.
This is an opportunity to work with some of this country's best artisan breads and pastries. We're looking for a special individual who is interested in a growing, changing and challenging organization that's doing pioneering work in an artisan food industry.
What are the requirements and skills needed for this job?
- We are hiring for both Full-Time (40 hours/week) and Part-Time (3 shifts, 24 hours/week)
- Shifts are between the hours of 10pm - 6am
- Weekend availability
- Holiday availability
- Full availability in November and December (we don't take any extra time off during these months)
Essential Job Functions:
- Thoroughly clean areas of the Bakehouse following a detailed checklist
- Demonstrates proper handling and storage of cleaning equipment
- Uses cleaning supplies and chemicals correctly
- Knows where to find cleaning materials
- Takes no careless action, minimizing risk of injury to self or others
- Recognizes and acknowledges errors and potential quality problems
- Treats customers and co-workers with courtesy and respect
- Exhibits commitment to teamwork
- Must work evenings and weekends
- Arrives on time for all scheduled shifts
- Punches in and out correctly
- Follows proper procedure for sick calls and schedule requests
- Meets all attendance requirements
- Demonstrate a commitment to the success of the business
- Able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly during an 8 hour shift
- Comfortable standing, lifting and bending for duration of an 8 hour shift
- Comfortable with repetitive motion
Success Patterns and Desired Characteristics:
- Cleaning experience is preferred
- The ability to successfully complete multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently with great attention to detail or in a group/team atmosphere
- Strong service skills
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time
- Comfortable working in heat
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
- Flexibility and dependability
- Passionate about great cleaning and great service
- Works well as part of a hardworking team
- Committed to their own professional and personal development
- Has a desire to constantly learn and be challenged
- Is extremely self-motivated with the ability to work independently and also be a proactive member of our team
Who are we?
Zingerman's Bakehouse is a wholesale bakery, retail shop, and baking school for home bakers. We sell to specialty food stores, cafés and restaurants in southeastern Michigan as well as selling to Zingerman's Mail Order, who ships our baked goods everywhere in the United States. We are dedicated bakers and food lovers committed to making and selling the best breads, pastries and cakes we can imagine. We are real artisan bakers, meaning we use traditional methods and flavorful ingredient to make our food.
Where are we?
Zingerman's Bakehouse is located on the south side of Ann Arbor at 3711 Plaza Drive. While there is a bus stop within walking distance, the Bakehouse is NOT located on AATA bus route.
Who are we hiring?
The Cleaning Department is looking for a full-time and part-time Night Cleaner. We are looking for team members who are available to work weekends and holidays. Experience cleaning is preferred. We are looking for individuals who consider themselves active and effective followers.
What does the job pay?
Starting pay is $12 per hour. Zingerman's Bakehouse has an exciting training strategy with clearly defined expectations and pay increases along the way. In no longer than a year and a half, you will make at least $13.50 per hour in this position.
Are there any benefits or perks?
- Company contribution to health insurance (for full time crew out of basic orientation)
- 401k match (for full time crew out of basic orientation)
- Free BAKE! classes
- Up to 5 free loaves of bread each week
- Up to 65% discount on baked good from the Bakehouse
- Discounts at other Zingerman's businesses (for all crew out of basic orientation)
- Paid training
- Paid lunch breaks
- $1 sandwiches and/or salad made on site for employee lunch
- 25% reimbursement on any massage
What's the hiring process like?
You can expect to hear from us within two weeks of submitting your application either by email or phone. If selected, you may receive a phone interview, an in-person interview, and/or a trial shift (working interview). From there, you will hear from us to either offer you a position or let you know we are moving forward with other candidates. Our goal is to keep you informed along the way!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.