Zingerman's Roadhouse is hiring Bartenders!
This position provides excellent service to guests, assists guests in menu selection, delivers guests orders with high accuracy, accurately prepares cocktails and alcoholic beverages, and cleans and maintains work area.
Part-Time, 20 hours per week.
Morning Shifts (8:30am-5pm) $8.50/hour plus tips (minimum of $11/hour)
Evening Shifts (4pm-1am) $6.00/hour plus tips (minimum of $11/hour)
Our Performance Expectations are:
- Greets guests
- Takes and delivers guests order using Zingerman's 4 Steps to Order Accuracy.
- Assists guests with order selection by providing knowledgeable and accurate information about all menu items, including core and special menu items, coffees and barista drinks, all tap beers, wine glass pours, "classic cocktails," and house liquors.
- Teaches and coaches front of the house staff on bar knowledge.
- Makes all alcoholic and specialty drinks according to recipes and in keeping with quality standards.
- Competently pairs menu items with wines and beers.
- Follows Roadhouse systems for wine service.
- Prepares beverages - coffee soft drinks, water.
- Utilizes POS System (Digital Dining) to input orders.
- Maintains clean bar and service station.
- Keeps updated on specials and menu updates (including 86 lists)
- Follows the system for collecting/communicating/connecting dots
- Resolves customer complaints and makes it right for the customer
- Communicates customer compliments, complaints and suggestions. Follows the training compact and takes responsibility for his or her training. Follows the three steps to great service and the five steps to handling a customer complaint.
- Arrives on time for all shifts, meetings, and classes.
- Follows Roadhouse table maintenance systems: marking, pre-bussing, setting, etc.
- Seeks manager/supervisor assistance with guests when appropriate.
- Follows the staff member guidelines.
- Participates in weekly specials presentations/tastings
- Attends and participates in weekly huddles and/or is responsible for knowing Roadhouse key measures and numbers.
- Documents customer compliments, complaints and suggestions.
- Must be able to move and position self around the bar, the kitchen, and the basement.
- Bending, stooping, and being positioned upright for long periods at a time
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs (including up and down stairs)
- Must be able to balance and relocate a tray with drinks and/or dishes
- Ascends/Descends between basement and main floor
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Has two to four years experience as a bartender in a high-end service environment.
- Has a reputation for excellent relations with guests and front and back of house staff.
- Has worked effectively as part of a team.
- Has successfully managed bar guest's dining experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Is TIPS or ServSafe alcohol certified.
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
- Passionate about great food, great cocktails, beer, wine and great service.
- Interest in learning about food, alcohol, people, and business.
- Self-motivated, especially under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Able to effectively manage their emotions in the workplace.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently.
- Literate and likes to read.
- Can handle complexity and paradox.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bold! Engaging! Entertaining!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.